[ppml] getting converts to V6

Bill Darte BillD at cait.wustl.edu
Wed May 16 13:52:07 EDT 2007

 John Santos wrote:

> I have no problem with the current policy.  I have my class C
> and don't need any more.
>
> However, you people do seem to have a problem and want to
> force us little guys into selling our souls to some big ISP,
> except we don't get anything from this, instead we have to
> pay through the nose.

Precisely what 'people' are you referring to?  And, in what way does it
seem we are trying to force you into 'selling your souls' to a big ISP;
I really don't understand what you are referring to....

> How much does it actually cost to maintain a single record, a
> few hundred bytes of information that never changes?
>
> As best I can tell, you would want to charge me several
> hundred dollars a year, close to a dollar per address,
> whereas large ISPs get addresses for a fraction of a penny per year.
>

> You guys want people to jump on the IPv6 bandwagon.  You
> really want them to jump on the money wagon.

I, for one, what people to have connectivity.  You seem to have yours.
I'm truly glad.  I don't want you to move to IPv6 unless you need it.  I
want IPv6 to emerge (if it is going to) to provide connectivity options
to those who will come later and not be able to get a v4 block like
yours.

> Not bloody likely.

and apparently no need....