[ppml] getting converts to V6

John Santos JOHN at egh.com
Wed May 16 13:42:28 EDT 2007

I have no problem with the current policy.  I have my class C and
don't need any more.

However, you people do seem to have a problem and want to force
us little guys into selling our souls to some big ISP, except we
don't get anything from this, instead we have to pay through the
nose.

How much does it actually cost to maintain a single record, a few
hundred bytes of information that never changes?

As best I can tell, you would want to charge me several hundred
dollars a year, close to a dollar per address, whereas large ISPs
get addresses for a fraction of a penny per year.

You guys want people to jump on the IPv6 bandwagon.  You really want
them to jump on the money wagon.

Not bloody likely.

On Wed, 16 May 2007, Bill Darte wrote:

> Oh, and by the way...
> You seem to feel strongly about such an ARIN policy, perhaps you should
> propose it.  I or any other AC member would be happy to help you craft
> the proposal and ensure that it wide distribution for possible
> consensus.
>
> bd

John Santos
Evans Griffiths & Hart, Inc.