[ppml] [address-policy-wg] Re: Can the RIRs bypass the IETF and do their own thing?

michael.dillon at bt.com michael.dillon at bt.com
Wed May 16 06:36:39 EDT 2007

> If you know about the IETF process, you will also know that the proper
> venue
> for ULA-central ID discussion is ipv6 at ietf.org.

Then why are you dragging it into the RIR policy groups? Fred Baker has
offered the v6ops working group, which again, is an IETF venue, not an
RIR policy list.

> This doesn't precludes on discussion in parallel the related policy
> (proposal), in those RIR service regions where it has been submitted
(not
> yet here at ARIN, but I will do soon).

As you have pointed out, there is no draft under discussion so any talk
in the RIRs is beyond premature.

I would hope that the Advisory Council rejects your proposal on that
basis. There is absolutely no urgency to act upon Central ULA addressing
until after it reaches RFC status. We should wait.

--Michael Dillon