[ppml] PIv6 for legacy holders (/w RSA + efficient use)

David Williamson dlw+arin at tellme.com
Sat Jul 28 18:05:36 EDT 2007

On Sat, Jul 28, 2007 at 05:43:00PM -0400, William Herrin wrote:
> Conclusion: For IPv6 to become useful to any part of the community,
> organizations who DO NOT need additional IPv4 addresses must deploy
> IPv6.

Observation: most of those organizations see that transition as an
expense with no clear ROI.  Why would they be even vaguely interested?
Personally, I suspect many of those organizations won't be interested
in the transition until something actually breaks.

I think Leo was right.  We're stuck with the Prisoner's Dilemma.

-David