[ppml] Policy Proposal 2007-15: Authentication ofLegacyResources

Keith W. Hare Keith at jcc.com
Wed Jul 25 18:07:14 EDT 2007

I'm not sure what it means to "shun" ARIN.

If I have a legacy IPv4 address range, but have up-to-date information
in the ARIN WHOIS records, have I shunned ARIN?

If I have not signed an RSA for a legacy IPv4 address range, have I
shunned ARIN?  But wait, how do I go about signing an RSA for a legacy
IPv4 address range?  I don't see a mechanism to do that on the ARIN web
page.  (Maybe ARIN is shunning me?)

If I have not signed an RSA for a legacy IPv4 address range, but have
paid the $500 annual membership fee, have I shunned ARIN?

It appears that shunning ARIN means that I have not responded to an
invitation that has not been issued to use a mechanism that doesn't
exist.

Keith

Keith W. Hare                     JCC Consulting, Inc.
keith at jcc.com                     600 Newark Road
Phone: 740-587-0157               P.O. Box 381
Fax: 740-587-0163                 Granville, Ohio 43023
http://www.jcc.com                USA