[ppml] Example of a questionable block

Martin Hannigan martin.hannigan at batelnet.bs
Tue Jul 24 19:19:56 EDT 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: Dean Anderson <dean at av8.com>
To: Ted Mittelstaedt <tedm at ipinc.net>
Cc: Martin Hannigan <martin.hannigan at batelnet.bs>,
<ppml at arin.net>
Subject: RE: [ppml] Example of a questionable block Was: Re:
 Tell me,Mr. Anderson,what good is a mailing list when we
are unable to speak?
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 18:05:31 -0400 (EDT)

> On Tue, 24 Jul 2007, Ted Mittelstaedt wrote:
> >
> > Strange, how Open Software Foundation does not show up
> > in the list of New Hampshire Coprorations here:
>
> This isn't strange at all. The OSF is allowed to put
> whatever address they want on the registration, and
> designate any contact they want.

Perhaps a policy that requires "LOA" for changes on blocks
that are suspect in one way or another would be interesting
in terms of transition? It would certainly clear up a
situation like Dean's if a block holder was required to
provide LOA (Letter of Authority) when changes or
authoritative actions needed to occur.

-M<