[ppml] Policy Proposal: Global Policy for the Allocation of theRemaining IPv4 Address Space

David Conrad drc at virtualized.org
Tue Jul 24 05:20:13 EDT 2007

Chris,

On Jul 23, 2007, at 11:51 PM, Christopher Morrow wrote:
> I'm confused by most of these 'soft landing' sorts of proposals. These
> basically all have the side effect of bringing the end-date closer to
> 'now'.

I think you mean 'countdown' type proposals.  My proposal (called
'soft landing') increases the requirements in order to extend the
IPv4 lifetime.

(Yes, I'm still working on it.  Or rather, I'm still planning on
working on it.  Been buried under a bunch of other things recently,
but that's changing)

Rgds,
-drc