[ppml] Policy Proposal: Resource Reclamation Incentives

bmanning at vacation.karoshi.com bmanning at vacation.karoshi.com
Mon Jul 2 16:36:21 EDT 2007

 actually, i beleive that ARIN, as a condition in its charter, is
to ensure that those who received addresses prior to ARINs existance
are treated fairly (and fair is open to debate)... The upshot is that
ARIN does have an obligation to these address holders...  the long/lean of
the argument is that they received their addresses under certain
terms and conditions...  and forcing changes on those t&c's in a
unilateral manner might be problematic.  Just like folks who signed
up under RSA #5...  one might argue that RSA #9 is what holds sway,
but the truth is, they signed up to RSA #5 and have not upgraded yet.

--bill