[ppml] Policy Proposal: Resource Reclamation Incentives

Stephen Sprunk stephen at sprunk.org
Mon Jul 2 16:28:57 EDT 2007

All,

In the interests of saving everyone time (and post-mortem equestrian abuse),
I'd like to remind folks of the legacy space panel discussion from the
recent meeting in San Juan.  The presentation, summary, and transcript are
all available online at:
http://www.arin.net/meetings/minutes/ARIN_XIX/ppm1_notes.html#anchor_13

After reading that, it'd also be beneficial to review the existing policy
that Owen's proposal is attempting to modify:
http://www.arin.net/policy/nrpm.html#four6

The question at hand is not whether we like legacy address space or amnesty
requests, but whether we like Owen's version of amnesty more or less than
the existing policy's.  For some of you, that may come down to a decision as
to which is "less bad" rather than which is "better", though hopefully if
that's your position then you'll submit a competing proposal for the
community to consider.

Stephen Sprunk      "Those people who think they know everything
CCIE #3723         are a great annoyance to those of us who do."
K5SSS                                             --Isaac Asimov