[ppml] Combining Forecasts

Howard, W. Lee Lee.Howard at stanleyassociates.com
Thu Aug 30 14:58:17 EDT 2007

> I think it's a matter of helping the community make informed
> decisions based upon accurate forecasts.  Although we all
> have our specific desires about motivating people to move
> from IPv4 to IPv6 (or not, for some), ARIN is in a position
> to provide the data necessary to make those forecasts.  I
> wouldn't bet the house on predictions and forecasts, but I
> would certainly use them to support my position on migration
> within my organization.  It's one more tool in the tool belt,
> as it were.

I guess that Geoff Huston's predictions are his own work, since
they're on his potaroo site, not APNIC's site, but as an
employee of APNIC, he is pretty well informed.  Tony Li is not
affiliated with any RIR, but is also well-informed.

So, could you be specific about what data are missing that
ARIN might provide?

Lee