[ppml] Policy Proposal: IPv6 Assignment Guidelines

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at ipinc.net
Wed Aug 22 22:43:34 EDT 2007

I think your both naieve to think that your typical corporate customer
with a couple hundred nodes and no redundancy to the Internet is going
to put up with being told he has to renumber his entire internal network
when he decides his current ISP is a chuckhead and decides to go to a
competitor.  I think said customer is going to look at the money that the
labor hours would consume to do this, then call up Cisco and offer them
1/4 of that, and Cisco will happily take the money and supply a
double-translation NAT box that will nat IPv6.  They already have such
things for IPv4 that allow people to do things like run their internal
IPv4 network on the same numbers that are used for the root nameservers,
etc.

Ted