[ppml] alternative realities (was PIv6 for legacy holders (/w RSA + efficient use))

David Conrad drc at virtualized.org
Wed Aug 1 12:39:44 EDT 2007

John,

On Aug 1, 2007, at 4:42 AM, John Curran wrote:
> I'm guessing that yourself (and drc) see such as desirable or
> inevitable,
> given normal business pressure for the quarterly results.

Desirable?  Not particularly (as I've mentioned in the past).
Inevitable?  Yeah, pretty much.

> The rub is
> that some of us see those same pressures, in presence of said "market"
> and due to the extensively referenced Prinsoner's Dilemma wr.t.
> routing
> behavior, yielding an explosive situation which doesn't have an
> obvious
> equilibrium point.

Well, yeah.  And all those neat sandcastles we've built since 1996
are going to be destroyed when the tide comes in.

I'm curious.  How are you going to stop the tide from coming in?
Closing your eyes and saying "I don't like it because it'll be bad"
probably won't do the trick...

Rgds,
-drc