[ppml] Policy Proposal 2007-6 - Abandoned

David Williamson dlw+arin at tellme.com
Fri Apr 27 11:52:20 EDT 2007

On Fri, Apr 27, 2007 at 07:44:27AM -0700, David Williamson wrote:
> I'm going to do something mildly dumb and think out loud.  Let's see if
> we can list the major objections, with the goal of identifying them
> so they can be addressed in a possible future policy submission.  Some
> of these are orthogonal issues, which should make it fun.

I missed one:

* It was pointed out that a PA allocation of a given size results in an
	additional block of equal size being set aside for future growth.
	This is not done for PI space.

I actually have been looking at this, and haven't been able to find any
reference to this practice in section 4 of the NRPM.  It's certainly
possible that I'm just missing it.  I suspect that either both PA and
PI are actually treated in the same way, or there is a difference, but
it's due to differences in policy implementation, and not in the policy
itself.  (Perhaps staff can comment on that.)

Unless there's a real difference in how reservations of space are made
in the NRPM, I think this point is, perhaps, a red herring.

-David