[ppml] Policy Proposal 2007-6 - Abandoned

Leo Vegoda leo.vegoda at icann.org
Fri Apr 27 11:02:15 EDT 2007

On 27 Apr 2007, at 4:44pm, David Williamson wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 26, 2007 at 08:32:13PM -0400, Leo Bicknell wrote:
>> There were a
>> wide range of objections in the meeting.
>
> I'm going to do something mildly dumb and think out loud.  Let's
> see if
> we can list the major objections, with the goal of identifying them
> so they can be addressed in a possible future policy submission.  Some
> of these are orthogonal issues, which should make it fun.
>
> * This will cause a run on space.

While an exact comparison isn't possible, it might be useful to look
at the statistics for similarly sized RIRs. They might seen a
stronger or weaker drive towards addressing independence but the
basic addressing independence issues remain the same. If the number
of PI assignments to end users and the amount of space assigned isn't
too scary then it is possible ARIN wouldn't see a run on space if a
similar policy was implemented.

Leo Vegoda
IANA Numbers Liaison