[ppml] Policy Proposal 2007-6 - Abandoned

David Williamson dlw+arin at tellme.com
Fri Apr 27 10:44:27 EDT 2007

On Thu, Apr 26, 2007 at 08:32:13PM -0400, Leo Bicknell wrote:
> There were a
> wide range of objections in the meeting.

I'm going to do something mildly dumb and think out loud.  Let's see if
we can list the major objections, with the goal of identifying them
so they can be addressed in a possible future policy submission.  Some
of these are orthogonal issues, which should make it fun.

* This will cause a run on space.

* This will lead to an increase in spammers (and other fradulent users)
	applying for space.

* It's trivial to show two contracts and consume arbitrary IP space,
	so people may try to get space under this policy in order to
	horde /24s for a future white/grey/black market.  (It could
	be a good investment, to be fair.)

* Any of the above may cause routing table bloat.

* This didn't address reducing the minimum for PA space.

* This didn't go far enough.

* This will lead to an increase in applications and staff load.

I think that's the primary troubles I heard.  Please chime in if you
were there and thought there was something more.

Thanks!

-David