[ppml] My view on IPv4 (was: Re: IPv4 wind-down)

michael.dillon at bt.com michael.dillon at bt.com
Wed Apr 4 10:17:57 EDT 2007

> If a Comcast wants to deploy v6 alongside v4, that would be
> fine as far as
> my view goes...  The problem is that everyone wants someone else to go
> first.  Still doesn't change the fact that we don't have any
> users asking
> for v6...

Doesn't the US DOD count as a user? The US Government? The research
community? These sectors are all asking for v6 and many more users are
asking for v6 roadmaps. In other words, if your company has a realistic
roadmap towards implementing v6 services, you stand a better chance of
selling v4 services (or not losing existing v4 customers).

--Michael Dillon