[ppml] 2005-1 status

Michael.Dillon at btradianz.com Michael.Dillon at btradianz.com
Wed Jan 25 04:43:02 EST 2006

> Another reason to make the minimum size larger than /48
> is to make it easy to distinguish between PI assignments
> and deaggregated PA /48's.  In the future that could be
> extremely useful.

Then you think there should be a special meaning
attached to /44 which is different from the current
meaning -- an endsite which needs 16 times as much
address space as the typical endsite. In that case
would you propose changing the LIR rules so that
they never assign /44 to very large subscribers?

> I'd rather not do "standard prefixes".  I think /44
> is a reasonable (generous?) minimum for PI and allow larger
> sizes where they can be justified.

If you would rather not do "standard prefixes" then
why do you support /44 as a STANDARD PREFIX for PI
end user allocations? I'm not yet convinced that the
end user PI allocation needs to be any bigger than /48
per endsite.

--Michael Dillon