[ppml] 2003-3

Azinger, Marla marla_azinger at eli.net
Thu Jan 19 13:16:33 EST 2006

LOL  sorry.

As an example, currently the U.S zip code structure is Specific with:
98226-4564  (the last four are the numbers that really narrow down where a person lives)
98226  ( this is not specific and only gets you in a mile radius)

Granted if one of the locations in the ARIN region were to change or add another zip code structure then the breakdown of what is specific and not specific would change or just simply have another version added.

I believe the point is for us to include a zip code that allows such things as geo research to occur but not for the pin point position of where your "relative" lives that is using ip address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (IPv4)

Yes, this is alot of wordsmithing to find a balanced policy...but that is the nature of the work.