[ppml] PPML Digest, Vol 7, Issue 5

Bill Van Emburg arin-member at quadrix.com
Tue Jan 17 15:46:37 EST 2006

Michael,

It seems quite clear to me that the statement of interpretation is NOT
meant to suggest that "Private Residence" should be placed in the zip
code field.  First of all, as has already been mentioned, you need the
ZIP+4 to narrow it down to a small area.  Second, that would still not
make it "street name and number."

ARIN meant "street name and number," not "any field that might narrow
things down to street name and number in some cases."  Therefore, the
policy would be to put "Private Residence" into the field for "street
name and number," and not "other fields that the subject thinks might
narrow things down too much."

I think ARIN has been quite clear here.

-Bill Van Emburg
Quadrix Solutions, Inc.