[ppml] PPML Digest, Vol 7, Issue 5

william(at)elan.net william at elan.net
Tue Jan 17 15:59:58 EST 2006

I agree with what Bill Van Emburg wrote below, it is quite clear now that
current policy is such that private residence can only be entered as
replacement for street name, house number and other unit-related numbers.

If people concerned about privacy want to change things, I'd recommend
submitting proposal to make entering zip-code optional (no matter if it
goes with private-residence or not) - the justification is that postal
code is not in fact required for delivery of mail although this does
improve time & eficiency of postal delivery.

I'd however be against any changes in privacy policies that replace city,
state and country with some kind of "private residence" or alike words.