[ppml] Definition of an (IPv6) End Site

Jason Schiller (schiller@uu.net) jason.schiller at mci.com
Thu Apr 6 11:52:06 EDT 2006

Michael,

Let my try to ask the questions a different way.

First off I don't disagree with you, giving the customer flexibility in
what their business relationship is or how they architect their network is
a good thing.

> In other words, the current policy allows the customer
> to choose. IMHO, this is a good thing. It is not our
> business to tell people how to structure their businesses
> or how to architect their networks.

Is it acceptable Under current ARIN policy (should it be acceptable under
future ARIN policy), if the hardware store wants each of its separate
non-interconnected locations to be a different end-site with its own /48,
but have the business relationship be through a single point of contact?

If the answer to this question is no, then ARIN policy is mandating how
they structure their business relationship given a particular prefered
network architecture or vice versa.

___Jason

Jason Schiller                                               (703)886.6648
Senior Internet Network Engineer                         fax:(703)886.0512
Public IP Global Network Engineering                       schiller at uu.net
UUNET / Verizon                         jason.schiller at verizonbusiness.com

The good news about having an email address that is twice as long is that
it increases traffic on the Internet.