[ppml] IPv6>>32

Michael.Dillon at radianz.com Michael.Dillon at radianz.com
Fri May 13 05:43:38 EDT 2005

> With that said, I have to throw in with Bill and Owen and admit to no
> NAT in my house.

Well, I have always had NAT in my house since the days
back in 1995 when I first set up TIS firewalls tookit
on a FreeBSD machine connected via an always-on v.32bis
modem link.

> Is it possible that people are finally starting to see that NAT breaks
> end-to-end connectivity?  (Or am I just hanging out with a
> better/worse crowd?)

I know exactly what the benefits and downsides of NAT are.
But it runs all the things that I want to run at home
just fine. For anything else, I have a colocated server
elsewhere in a nice data centre.
http://www.vix.com/personalcolo/

I think this is also the pattern followed by Joe User
although his "server" is likely to be a shared server
running a blog or a wiki, than my *nix box.

--Michael Dillon