[ppml] IPv6>>32

Frank Habicht geier-lists-arin at tih.co.tz
Fri May 13 02:56:36 EDT 2005

Hi all,

(first post to ppml ;-)

I'd like to argue that there's more NAT than many here think.
I didn't buy a NAT device, but I NAT my 192.168.0.0/24 in my house (on
Pentium1) somewhere into 172.16.0.0/12 which gets NATed at the ISP.
Hopefully not much longer because the ISP will start using their (new,
'own') /19.

And yes, this is not in (ip4-)address-space-rich North America, but in
former-arin-land Tanzania. (or was the discussion about use in arin region?)
Another ISP here is said to charge $10 for a static /32.

I agree that people understand more and will demand more....

Frank Habicht