[ppml] comments on 2004-8

Michael.Dillon at radianz.com Michael.Dillon at radianz.com
Fri Apr 15 12:33:14 EDT 2005

> 4. Announcement of IANA Allocations
> The IANA, the NRO, and the RIRs will make announcements and update their

> respective web sites regarding an allocation made by the IANA to an RIR.
> ICANN
> and the NRO will establish administrative procedures to manage this
process.

If we are going to be making modifications to this one,
then I think it is time to say that these announcements
and web accessible documents should be in a machine-parseable
format. Something like RSS could be used or even just a plain
XML page. The current IANA list of address ranges is not
machine parseable and is not consistent from range to range.
There is no good reason why the list of ranges produced by
IANA should be broken (or aggregated) on class A boundaries.
If they have this info in a database, then it should be
trivial to report it as an XML file.

--Michael Dillon