[ppml] ARIN 2002-3 statistics

Bill Darte billd at cait.wustl.edu
Mon Nov 15 16:10:17 EST 2004

> Bill,
> 	I'd say this does not constitute a land rush, and, it
> is probably, at this point, worth revisiting the boundary as
> was consensus when this was adopted.  Do you think we should
> look at going to /23 or /24 as the next step in this process?

First, doesn't look like a significant impact, but again, it has only been 6
months...has 'word' gotten out that the boundary was changed?...I don't
know.

It has been our announced commitment on the AC to revisit this boundary
after impact assessment.

So...to the community this email reaches...

1.  Has there been sufficient time to devoted to the impact?
2.  Are the statistics below adequate to assess impact or are others needed
(suggest)?
3.  Should the Advisory Council entertain a boundary change policy proposal
for the Spring meeting?
4.  In the event that 4 is answered in the affirmative, is the boundary
change a single or mulitiple bits?..and...who would be the target for such
policy change (e.g. only multi-homed nets)?

Your input to these questions and in other areas you thing relevant are
appreciated.

Bill Darte
ARIN Advisory Council
314 935-7575