[ppml] Proposed Policy: PI assignments for V6

marcelo bagnulo braun marcelo at it.uc3m.es
Thu Dec 9 11:17:49 EST 2004

El 09/12/2004, a las 17:10, da Silva, Ron escribió:

>> That makes more sense to me, but the question is how is this
> considered
>> when applying for address space on a rir? if a mobile operator claims
>> that he needs a /48 for each handset, does he get the address space
>> requested?
>
> I don't think I was advocating a /48 for each handset.

I didn't thought you were... sorry for the misunderstanding.
My comment was: i agree with you p.o.v. and what if a mobile operator
is trying to assign a /48 to each handset? how does the rirs evaluate
such request? is is acceptable and he will get the address space that
he needs to assign a /48  to each handset? is this out of the scope of
a policy?

regards, marcelo