[ppml] Policy Proposal 2003-15: IPv4 Allocation Policy for the Africa Portion of the ARIN Region

Randy Bush randy at psg.com
Tue Sep 30 14:02:00 EDT 2003

> No, it's not about being special, it's about self-governance.  Is
> there any _particular_ reason you think that Americans should be
> setting policy in Africa, rather than Africans?

if it about was about SELF-governance, arin would not be asked to
change policy would it?  when there is an afrinic, and it wants to
change local afrinic policy, that will be self-government.

until then, changing global policy for reasons of marketing
afrinic, see your Message-ID:
<Pine.GSO.4.44.0309301044360.26322-100000 at paixhost.pch.net>, is
gonna be hard to explain to my routers.  can we stick to policy and
engineering, and leave marketing to those better suited?

and please stop saying "americans," as arin covers more than the
united states.

randy