[ppml] Policy Proposal 2003-15: IPv4 Allocation Policy for the Africa Portion of the ARIN Region

Bill Woodcock woody at pch.net
Tue Sep 30 13:52:50 EDT 2003

      On Tue, 30 Sep 2003, Mury wrote:
    > It seems to me that this 2003-15 request by Africans is about being
    > special, since now that someone (Owen) thinks the policy (2003-15) is good
    > for everyone, it's not good enough for them any more.

No, it's not about being special, it's about self-governance.  Is there
any _particular_ reason you think that Americans should be setting policy
in Africa, rather than Africans?

And they honestly couldn't care less what policy Americans set in America.
The stated objection was to Owen's punative attempt to delay 2003-15 by
making it unpalatable, which would mean it would have to be returned next
cycle, wasting even more of everybody's time.

Please, people, listen to Michael Dillon...  There's no reason to stand in
the way of African self-governance.  Doing so is just mean-spirited and
pointless.  Unneighborly.

                                -Bill