[ppml] Policy Proposal 2003-15: IPv4 Allocation Policy for the Africa Portion of the ARIN Region

Bill Woodcock woody at pch.net
Tue Sep 30 14:06:30 EDT 2003

      On Tue, 30 Sep 2003, Randy Bush wrote:
    > if it about was about SELF-governance, arin would not be asked to
    > change policy would it?

Uh, how is that different than American members of ARIN asking the rest of
the ARIN members to vote on policy?  This is, after all, a consensus-based
organization.

    > and please stop saying "americans," as arin covers more than the
    > united states.

The distinction I was making was between the American members of ARIN,
that is, those residing in the Americas, specifically North America, and
those residing in Africa.  What does that have to do with the United
States?

                                -Bill