[ppml] My idea was a non-starter

Michael.Dillon at radianz.com Michael.Dillon at radianz.com
Mon Oct 6 06:37:06 EDT 2003

>                I'd like your answer to the following questions as if
they
>were being called for a vote at the meeting in the following order.
>Each is a yes, no. or abstain question:

Sorry, we have 13 policy proposals to be decided on at
the Chicago meeting. I'm not willing to get into
any more discussion about possible changes to a proposal
(2002-3) that has already gone through the mill
last year. The time has come to make a decision
on 2002-3 and move on.

If 2002-3 is not sufficient, then we can introduce
a new proposal AFTER 2002-3 has been decided upon.

Personally, on the subject of micro-allocations,
I believe that ARIN should allocate blocks as
small as /24 that are all allocated out of a
clearly identifiable (for filtering purposes)
block of address space. Maybe recycling the
swamp space if ICANN agrees.

But that's not under discussion for this meeting.

--Michael Dillon