[ppml]How far is too far?

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Fri Oct 3 14:27:51 EDT 2003

I doubt it.  I think all of the policies proposed preserve the requirement
for either multihoming or unique routing policy for assignments and
I don't think it is unreasonable for an ISP to be able to get their
allocation directly from the RIR whatever size is needed.  However,
for now, I'd like to see things evaluated based on the proposed /22
boundary without clouding it about where things might go in the future.

Future proposals for longer prefixes should be evaluated on their merit
and in the context of the state of the internet at that time.

Owen

--On Friday, October 3, 2003 10:10 AM -0400 Dawn Martin