[ppml] My idea was a non-starter

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Thu Oct 2 16:58:07 EDT 2003

--On Thursday, October 2, 2003 11:10 AM -0700 william at elan.net wrote:

> I generally support what Owen wrote about the order and making
> substantial  effort to pass micro-assignments and allocations with
> minimum number of  extra policies for each case and as soon as possible.
> I would like few  minor adjustments to question and how they are asked:
>
> Question 1:
> 		Is there support if 2002-3 were modified and term
> 		"end-user" replaced with term "organization" and words
> 		"assigned by ARIN" replaced with "assigned or allocated by
> 		ARIN" and similarly everhwere where it says "assignments"
> 		replaced with "assingments and allocations".

This is simply a more formal wording of my intent, so, I have no problem
with that if the AC feels that level of formailty is necessary.

> Question 2 (asked if question 1 does not majority support or if its clear
> people want assignmetns and allocations in separate policies):
> 		Is there support for 2002-3 as is

Again, I believe this is just a formalization of the intent of my statement.

> Question3 (asked no matter what support Question 2 had):
> 		Is there support for 2003-15 if it was modified and
> 		references to it being only for African portion of ARIN
> 		are removed

I think this is mooot if Question 1 passes.  If Question 1 does not carry,
then, I believe Question 3 is necessary regardless of the outcome of
Question 2.  As such, I support this change.

> Question 4 (asked if there is no clear support on Question 3)
> 		Is there support for 2003-15 if it was modified and
> 		references to it being only for African portion of ARIN
> 		removed and if it included only option "b" (multi-homing
> 		requirement with existing use of two /24s) under allocation
> 		criteria

I'm not sure whether that would still meet the needs of AfriNIC, so, absent
positive comment on this from them, I would hesitate to introduce such a
question.  I don't think we should do this if they don't support it.

> Question 5 (asked no matter what support is there for Question 4)
> 		Is there support for 2003-15 as is only for African Region

I have no problem with this.  I view it as a formalization of what I
originally
posted.

Owen