[ppml] Policy Proposal 2002-3

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Fri Oct 3 14:08:40 EDT 2003

The main detractors expressed traditionally have been:

	1.	It will lead to explosive growth of the routing table
		causing collapse of the internet.

	2.	It's hard to evaluate it's possible consequences to the
		routing table, so, we shouldn't do it.

Other things expressed have been more along the lines of "there are better
ideas".

In my opinion, 1 is FUD* and 2 is an effort to soften the FUD.

*FUD -- Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt -- A tool often used by the American
	Media and politicians to manipulate society into making or accepting
	really bad policy decisions in the name of safety.

Owen

--On Friday, October 3, 2003 2:06 PM +0200 Calvin Browne