[ppml] Policy Proposal 2002-3

Trevor Paquette Trevor.Paquette at TeraGo.ca
Mon Oct 6 20:15:26 EDT 2003

Folks used to be able to receive direct assignments from ARIN (and other registries) in the past. This ability was revoked for some reason, and it seems that no-one can remember why...

I'd hate for us to go back down the same path and encounter the same problems as did our predecessors only to later go 'DOH!.. no wonder they revoked this ability'.

Why was this ability revoked and the current policy put in place?? Can anyone explain that?