[ppml] Policy Proposal 2003-15: IPv4 Allocation Policy for the Africa Portion of the ARIN Region

William Stucke William at zanet.co.za
Wed Oct 1 05:00:18 EDT 2003

Owen (and others) have said words along the lines of: -

>  I am inclined to believe it would be good for *Southern Africa*

Just to be strictly accurate, AfriNIC consists of six sub-regions: -

North Africa
East Africa
West Africa
Central Africa
Southern Africa
Indian Ocean

The ARIN area includes *ALL* of these except for North Africa and Indian
Ocean. That's why we use the term "sub-Saharan Africa", rather than
"Southern Africa" ;-)

Regards,

William Stucke
ZAnet Internet Services (Pty) Ltd