[ppml] RE: [arin-announce] Policy Proposal 2003-3: Residential Customer Privacy

jlewis at lewis.org jlewis at lewis.org
Mon Mar 17 23:51:52 EST 2003

On Mon, 17 Mar 2003, Whipple, Scott (CCI-Atlanta) wrote:

> Seeing that there has not been any traffic with this proposal, it would
> seem not to many people really care.  What if we took this one a step
> further and did not show simple reassignments at all?  ISP's would still
> be required to swip showing utilization, but the records would no longer
> show up in a whois query.  If the ISP needed to see where their

The anti-spam community would not appreciate that.  Simple reassignments
are at least a publicly visible demarcation of IP blocks...making it
possible for those who would choose to, to block an entire block with
minimal collateral damage.  IMO, making simple reassignments invisible
would be a bad idea.

 Atlantic Net                |