[ppml] RIR shopping -- AND MORE

Michael.Dillon at radianz.com Michael.Dillon at radianz.com
Mon Mar 10 05:41:26 EST 2003

> Simplification: I don't think that a profusion of very-specific rules
> which are intended to proscribe the behavior of both the members and the
> IP analysts actually benefit us.

Say that again Bill!!! Loud and strong.

95% of the policy discussions have been about building complex processes
to deal with some obscure issue without even addressing why we want to do
it. We badly need to overhaul all of the ARIN policies to make them
simple, clear, and relevant. This is especially important because there is
no longer a common culture among the majority of network operators which
means we can no longer leave things unsaid and just assume that they are
"understood".

--Michael Dillon