[ppml] Policy Proposal 2003-1: Human Point of Contact

william at elan.net william at elan.net
Thu Mar 6 16:12:30 EST 2003

That was exactly my concern as well. Its one thing to tell that contact is
supposed to be valid (which is actually easy to check - invalid contact is
the one where email bounces or phone# is disconnected) but its another to
say how ISP should setup their phone system so you could reach somebody.
This kind of thing can be a recommendation, but I do not see it as being a
policy requirement.

However the current policy proposal is actually valid - it requires human POC
and ARIN does see a difference in ther database and on templates between
human and role contacts. So this is possible to implement as a policy,
I'm just not sure if its a good idea.