[ppml] RIR shopping -- AND MORE

McBurnett, Jim jmcburnett at msmgmt.com
Sun Mar 2 15:58:51 EST 2003

If yall don't mind:
I would like to add:

I think we are spending WAY too much time worring about the 10% gang.
As a rule of thumb from a former profession we said that we always had
10% of miscreants, bad apples, <profanity> birds and just down right
undesireables. I think the

I think with this said we should not allow our policy
discussions to steer us in such a direction so that we spend 90%
of OUR  time aligning OUR policies to handle 10% of the
members...

To close:
My whole point with RIR shopping is that we need to be aware of our policies
in effect of the other RIR, and to put this on a forefront..
All of us in a budgetary "watch" responsible position, will watch for
anything to cut $$..  And for the truth of the matter, I know of nothing
that would prevent an American ISP from advertising an APNIC block...

Soap box yielded...

Jim