[ppml] RIR shopping -- AND MORE

jlewis at lewis.org jlewis at lewis.org
Sat Mar 1 21:37:36 EST 2003

On Sat, 1 Mar 2003, Sweeting, John wrote:

>  Why should a company with a global internet have to deal with more than one
> RIR? Do you realize the additional expense and drain on resources of dealing
> with 4 or more registries? I (personally speaking) do not think that there
> is any reason to pursue this line of reasoning, leave well enough alone.

That's different and the exception to the rule.  Like (I'd guess) the
majority of ARIN customers/members, Atlantic.Net is based in the US and at
least at the moment does business only in the US.  Should we be able to go
RIR shopping and "buy space" from whichever RIR has the best prices and IP
allocation policies (from our point of view obviously)?  I think that's
the question being asked.

 Atlantic Net                |