[ppml] Policy Proposal 2003-3: Residential Customer Privacy

Michael.Dillon at radianz.com Michael.Dillon at radianz.com
Fri Jul 25 12:47:36 EDT 2003

>The idea that an organization should opt out of listing any contact
>addresses because they aren't willing to communicate regarding problems
>with their netblock seems quite counterproductive.

Huh!?

If they won't communicate then what's the point of publishing any sort
of address? At least if there is no address published, you will know
right away that communication will be a problem and that you need to
find some intermediary like an upstream AS, for instance.

Now that is far more productive than a whois directory full of garbage.

Down with whois steganography! No more haystack on our needles!

--Michael Dillon