[ppml] Current Info - Policy Proposal 2002-3: Micro-Assignments for Mult ihomed Networks

Forrest forrest at almighty.c64.org
Fri Aug 22 12:08:51 EDT 2003

I think this is a very reasonable proposal, especially if the wording is
added that would potentially reduce the minimum allocation in the future.
The biggest argument against a micro-allocation policy I've heard is that
it would greatly expand the routing table, even though there has been no
data showing that to be the case.  I think lowering the minimum allocation
in steps would eliminate most of those fears and I would definitely like
to see the minimum eventually lowered to /24.

Forrest