Encouraging return of legacy space WAS Re: [ppml] ARIN Policy Proposal 2002-9 (fwd)

Mury mury at goldengate.net
Wed Oct 2 20:57:01 EDT 2002

Let's face it, some people are jerks, some people are lazy, some people
don't care, but there are probably quite a few that just don't know.

I still think an inexpensive campaign over a year would wield some good
results.  Do a little research and find the correct contact person at each
entity and send them a letter once a quarter based on RFC 1917 with
revised allocation data.

Target 1000 of the top potential entities with probable unused space.
Maybe 5-10 letters to each one.  Follow up with a phone call or two.
That can't cost more than $5-20K to research, setup, print, and mail.

Why not try?  We probably wasted more money than that in lost productivity
writing and sending all these emails.

Mury