ARIN Releases New Website

jlewis at lewis.org jlewis at lewis.org
Wed Apr 3 22:43:45 EST 2002

On Wed, 3 Apr 2002, Trevor Paquette wrote:

> The tools that ARIN uses to produce this site are of their concern;
> not ours. They don't tell use what routers/swithes to use to do our
> jobs; why should we tell them how to do theirs. As members we should

As dues paying members, I think it is our business how ARIN runs their
shop.

Try telling ARIN in your next IP request that you need gobs of IP space
because you just bought a whole bunch of surplus routers that don't
understand classless routing...i.e. you can't subnet.  I bet you lunch
that wouldn't fly.

> I for one like the new format and the new logo. Keep up the good work folks.

I was going to say I can't even see a bunch of the front page, but I see
they did massage their HTML such that Opera on Linux can now render it
properly.

> Comments: Would be great for the site to auto-detect the browser type
> and then switch to a graphicsal/non-graphical view depending on lynx,
> Netscape, IE etc..

I still say it would be best to not waste time/money on a flashy new site.
The site looks great...but at what cost?

 Atlantic Net                |