ARIN Releases New Website

Trevor Paquette Trevor.Paquette at TeraGo.ca
Thu Apr 4 09:56:14 EST 2002

When you pay into a mutual fund do you get the right to tell the mutual fund mangers how to run that fund or what funs they should
pick? No.

Your taxes go to pay doctors and nurses in hospitals.. do you get the right to tell them how to operate, perform an MRI, what
needles to use to give drugs? No.

If you work for a company that has an shareholders, do those shareholders get a direct say in the type of editor you should use to
do your job? No.

The point here is that as members we do have the right to set general direction and policy for ARIN; we have entrusted ARIN to enact
those policies in the manner that they see fit. We should not care about how they get there; just that they do get there; within the
budgets that they have set out. As long at they are within those budgets, we should be happy with their performance and the results.
ARIN has hired the folks whom they believe are best suited to get the job done; we as members should trust those decisions.

If you truly feel that members should have a direct say in the tools and methods that ARIN should be using, then bring it up at the
next ARIN general meeting as a point of policy; I'll bet lunch that you will be in the vast minority.

--

Trevor Paquette          |TeraGo Networks Inc.  |Work:(403)668-5321
Trevor.Paquette at TeraGo.ca|300, 300 Manning Rd NE|Cell:(403)703-8738