[arin-discuss] IPv6 as justification for IPv4?

Jesse D. Geddis jesse at la-broadband.com
Mon Apr 15 18:41:37 EDT 2013

John,

Thank you. Here's my suggestion for fees. Comments are always welcome.

Take the following pieces of data:
Total assigned /24 for IPv4
Total assigned /32 for IPv6
ARIN's yearly costs

Find the following:
Take ARINs yearly cost an divide it by the first two numbers. I think that should dictate fees per /24 or /32 regardless of whether or not that's allocated in a /20 (IPv6) or a /12 (IPv4).

If we were to do that what would that cost per /32 or /24?

Also, regarding ARINs costs. I'm curious to know what the other options and their price was vs this retreat ARIN is doing to Trinidad... Is that really the best, most economical use of our fees? How many IPs are in use there? I was pretty appalled when I saw that show up in my inbox. Surely ARIN can find better uses for our funds than such extravagance...

Jesse Geddis
LA Broadband LLC