[arin-discuss] IPv6-only website

Steve Bertrand steve at ibctech.ca
Thu Apr 22 23:52:08 EDT 2010

On 2010.04.22 21:44, Steve Bertrand wrote:
> There were a few people who were curious and asked me about what the
> effects would be for ISPs that delayed their IPv6 implementation until
> after the v4 runout during the ARIN meeting.

Speaking to myself, I seem to have found another issue regarding IPv6
only sites.

If the following website:

http://www.hscripts.com/tools/HDNT/dns-record.php

...is not correct in claiming this against my domain:

"No AAAA records exist for onlyv6.com"

...it means that they are lying to me, and they must be basing this
conclusion on not being able to *see* my AAAA records (due to the fact
that their resolvers are relying on me having both v4 AND v6
connectivity on my authoritative servers).

Can someone with more DNS knowledge than I have do some troubleshooting
for me on the onlyv6.com domain and let me know if I'm on the right
track here?

Steve

ps. sorry to have taken this list operational, but I do want to provide
a reliable test site as I promised I would.