[arin-discuss] ipv6 technology supplier phone bank?

White, Andy White.Andy at insightcom.com
Thu Sep 24 10:48:00 EDT 2009

" how should we build the target list, since many of our vendors are
several
layers deep behind resellers, and since pounding on the resellers may be
like pushing on ropes?"

Perhaps an online questionnaire or survey of membership?  Speaking for
my organization, we use multiple vendors but we're still a predominantly
Cisco shop... I suspect there's a lot of common switches & routers out
there; not to mention firewalls, home gateway routers, CDNs, NMS's, IP
provisioning systems, etc.  Publishing a "scorecard" of, say, the top
5-10 in each category could be a pretty good wake-up call to the vendor
community; it would certainly make it easier for smaller and
medium-sized ISPs to make purchase decisions in the next year or two,
anyway.

I like the concept a lot as well.

Andy White
Director, HSI Engineering