[arin-discuss] ipv6 technology supplier phone bank?

Dan White dwhite at olp.net
Thu Sep 24 13:23:03 EDT 2009

On 24/09/09 10:48 -0400, White, Andy wrote:

>" how should we build the target list, since many of our vendors are
>several
>layers deep behind resellers, and since pounding on the resellers may be
>like pushing on ropes?"
>
>Perhaps an online questionnaire or survey of membership?  Speaking for
>my organization, we use multiple vendors but we're still a predominantly
>Cisco shop... I suspect there's a lot of common switches & routers out
>there; not to mention firewalls, home gateway routers, CDNs, NMS's, IP
>provisioning systems, etc.  Publishing a "scorecard" of, say, the top
>5-10 in each category could be a pretty good wake-up call to the vendor
>community; it would certainly make it easier for smaller and
>medium-sized ISPs to make purchase decisions in the next year or two,
>anyway.

I've created a page on the getipv6 Wiki to encourage members to list their
common vendors:

http://www.getipv6.info/index.php/Vendors_in_the_ARIN_Region

Please consider taking a few moments to add vendors that you work with,
including a short description of what the company does, and any
contact information you have. Additions can be posted under an 'anonymous'
wiki account if you would like to keep your vendor list private.

--
Dan White
BTC Broadband