[arin-discuss] ARIN spammed us with "talk to the hand" ?

Jo Rhett jrhett at svcolo.com
Mon Mar 2 17:27:47 EST 2009

On Feb 26, 2009, at 8:06 PM, Kevin Loch wrote:
> Jo Rhett wrote:
>> Can someone explain to me why ARIN spammed all of our ARIN
>> contacts  (including (A)buse contacts!) with a notice that says
>> "talk to the  hand" ?
>
> They probably knew that some of the contacts for a given poc may not
> work anymore.  It was totally inappropriate to send this to abuse
> contacts however.

Any more appropriate for NOC Role Account contacts?

I mean, be serious -- there is a POC that is not publically advertised
and specifically designated for communications from ARIN.  Why was
this NOT used, and was Abuse and NOC Role accounts used?  The logic
here is completely back ***wards.

--
Jo Rhett
senior geek